The Economy Falling is a Good Thing

Believe it or not, this recession/depression is a blessing in disguise.

You ask how is this so? People are losing their jobs, homes are foreclosing, the auto industry is failing, Wall Street has tanked. How is this possibly good?

I'll explain. An epidemic has been going on since the 1990s. Before that time, we worked hard, were the leaders in innovation, and where seen as the place to go to get out of the international ghetto.

Now, we have competition in China, Russia, and even Brazil's export economy system. What went wrong? Simple.

We have become complacent, lazy, and spoiled while our competitors have passed us by in job, innovation, and prominence.

We need this to toughen up and rediscover our American tenacity and grit; The traits that got us to the top in the first place.

A little story. I remember planting trees in the yard with my father, and he fell in the hole we were digging because, well, he is a little clumsy. Being a wide-eyed 16-year old, I asked why he did not try to stop himself from falling. He told me something I’ll never forget.

“Sometimes it is best to just fall and then get back up. When you try to stop it, you usually do more damage.” Same can be said for the auto industry/economy. Trying to stop it from falling is only going to make things worse.

We just need to let it fall. Through hard work, smart government intervention, and good budgeting, we will get back up.

No one wants to go through tough times, but I think this Nation needs it.

Comments

  1. First anonymous, why are you on my site at 3:59 AM?

    Were you looking for something to do while taking a break from World of Warcraft?

    You truly are a pathetic person, and you have my pity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are dead on for the most part. We do need to toughen up and be competitve again. But I think that is nearly impossible because of our own government and their mindless rules, regulations and taxes. I believe we are on a snowball headed for you know where with Government taking over every facetof our lives while we stand by brainless and watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm SICK of Tim Tebow!

Gamecocks in historic year two under Paris