AFC and NFC Champ picks

Happy New Year to all.

I'm going to try something new here. Although my area of focus is college, I'm going to try my hand at the NFL for the Super Bowl.

I'll start off with the game I'm least interested in: the NFC title game.
Here we have the surprising Arizona Cardinals and the Philadelphia Eagles.

I'm not going to lie, I'm a big Donovan McNabb fan. I think that not only is he the best black quarterback, but also one of the best QBs today.

Not to take away from the Cardinals. I think Larry Fitzgerald is the best wide receiver today.

I look at this game, and I see one thing: The Eagles defense against the Cardinal offense. Here, I give the Eagles an edge, mostly because of safety Brian Dawkins. I don't the Cardinals defense has what it takes to stop Eagles offense, but I think they will contain them. I see runningback Brian Westbrook using the screen pass as a difference maker in this game, and I think that will be the play of the game.

Give me Eagles over the Cardinals 17-10.


Now for the game I've been waiting for, the Baltimore Ravens and the Pittsburgh Steelers.

I'm a big fan of defensive ball games, and this is what any old fashioned football fan could ask for in my opinion.

The defenses will take care of their own, and I predict each will score a touchdown.

But looking at the offenses, I give the Steelers the advantage with runningback Willie Parker and receiver Hines Ward. Don't get me wrong, Willis McGhahee and Derrick Mason are capable skill guys, I just think Parke and Ward are just better.

And I have to go back to the quarterbacks. Ben Roethlisberger has been here before, and won a Super Bowl. The Ravens Joe Flacco is a green rookie, and though the offense has done a good job of protecting him, I think he may have to win the game for them in the end.

I will say that it is comical how the Ravens mirror the Steelers when they won their Super Bowl. Pittsburgh had a young QB in Roethlisberger that was protected by a strong running game and a defense. Flacco, who was compared to "Big Ben" while at Delaware, is protected by the running game and the typical Ravens defense.

Still, I see the Steelers squeaking by in another close, rough, and violent Pitt-Baltimore game. Steelers go 3-0 against their division rivals by a score of 14-12.

In two weeks, I'll have a Super Bowl pick that will hopefully involve the Eagles and Steelers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm SICK of Tim Tebow!

Gamecocks in historic year two under Paris

The Economy Falling is a Good Thing