Major League Baseball needs a realignment

I love baseball. In my opinion, it is the greatest game played here in the states, and is slowly become the worlds number two game, behind soccer of course.

But just because I love the sport doesn't mean I think it is perfect. In fact, I think MLB could use a few changes to make things more interesting. I'll skip how the TV deals favor the Yankees and Red Sox, and get to the main point of this piece.

I think that MLB needs to do a realignment to not only make the divisions more geographically friendly for travel, but to also level the playing field. The best example of this unfairness is the NL Central and the AL West. In the current NL Central there are six teams, compared to the four in the AL West. To me, all divisions should have the same amount of teams, giving each team the same chance of making the playoffs.

In my realigned MLB, there will still be six divisions. and we can keep the American League-National League rivalry, though I would like for the designated hitter argument to be settled, but that is another column.

In this realignment, some teams switch divisions, while some switch leagues. It won't be perfect, but I believe my realignment is better than what is currently out there.

National League
East
-Tampa Bay Rays
-Florida Marlins
-Atlanta Braves
-Philadelphia Phillies
-Washington Nationals

Central
-Chicago Cubs
-Chicago White Sox
-Milwaukee Brewers
-Detroit Tigers
-Pittsburgh Pirates

Southwest
-Colorado Rockies
-Arizona Diamondbacks
-Texas Rangers
-San Diego Padres
-Houston Astros

American League
North
-New York Yankees
-New York Mets
-Boston Red Sox
-Toronto Blue Jays
-Baltimore Orioles

Central
-Kansas City Royals
-St. Louis Cardinals
-Cincinnati Reds
-Cleveland Indians
-Minnesota Twins

West
-Seattle Mariners
-Oakland A's
-San Francisco Giants
-LA Angels
-LA Dodgers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm SICK of Tim Tebow!

Gamecocks in historic year two under Paris

The Economy Falling is a Good Thing