My bracket is busted, and this tournament proves we don't need an expansion

How many of you picked Kansas to win it all?
I did, and now my bracket is busted...thanks a lot Northern Iowa.

Also, I made the foolish choice of picking Texas to beat Wake Forest, and then top Kentucky on their way to the Final Four...thanks to the Deacs, that won't happen either.

And I couldn't be happier.

These upsets prove that the tournament doesn't need an expansion with would give the top seeds a bye week, and let the lower ranked teams play the UNI's and St. Mary's and Temple's and Cornell's of the world.

What makes the tournament exciting are those first round, seemingly insurmountable games that feature an all-world one or two seed, against some mid-major school that no one has heard of (I didn't even know there was a school in northern Iowa, much less that they played basketball out there).

There is the argument that more teams means more upsets, but that isn't true. As stated, the top teams would get a bye, and the lower seeds would just beat up on each other to soften up the winners for the top seeds in the next round. Plus, I think it would make the tournament too long, and it already bothers me that it won't get done until April, which in my opinion, is baseball season.

So enjoy your brackets getting busted sports fans, because even though you look like a complete bafoon (like I do when you look at my bracket) it still doesn't mean that we aren't in store for some more good basketball.

Now if we can just get March Madness to actually finish in March.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm SICK of Tim Tebow!

Gamecocks in historic year two under Paris

The Economy Falling is a Good Thing